Our company is looking for a Vendor Manager to join our team. Our vendor managers facilitate and maintain vendor relationships between businesses and suppliers, negotiating contracts, creating vendor standards, and finding the best available vendors. Retail companies of all types hire vendor managers for full-time, flexible work shifts that might include evenings and weekends. Vendor managers travel to various locations to meet with vendors and go to retail stores, working in office environments at other times. Vendor managers typically report to sales managers and other upper-level executives.
- The ability to find new vendors by researching possible vendors to find the best products and prices available within a given market.
- Establish standards and guidelines for vendors, monitoring vendors to ensure these policies are being followed.
- Ability to conduct interviews and meet with new vendors.
- Negotiate new and existing vendor contracts.
- Skillset to cultivate and maintain relationships with vendors by communicating with them frequently to answer questions and check their satisfaction levels.
- Ability to monitor sales trends, noting which items are selling faster than others, and write reports displaying this data.
- Flexibility and coachability to attend company training programs and meetings.
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience.
- In-depth understanding of the entire Google suite.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills.